[Igf_usa_disc] Meeting Recap + Confirming Submission for Thematic Inputs

Dustin Loup dustinloup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:01:03 EST 2021

Hi All,

Thank you all for a productive kickoff meeting last week. Please see the
following links for a recap of the meeting:

   - Recording <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzfAo5tgQvg>
   - Minutes
   <https://www.igfusa.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/IGF-USA-Kickoff-Meeting-Minutes-1_22.pdf>
   (If you have any proposed amendments to the minutes, please let Melinda and
   I know. This includes the attendees section. If you attended please check
   to confirm that you are listed.

The first order of business is confirming the Submission for the Thematic
Inputs based on the conversation and ideas voiced during the meeting. In an
attempt to synthesize the wide range of input, here is our proposed
submission:

   1.

   Content - conduct, shaping, moderation, and accountability;
   2.

   connectivity, inclusion, COVID-19 response and recovery;
   3.

   digital markets, advertisement, currency, media, and taxation;

Each of these themes should have a track that focuses on new models and
technologies, with another track that focuses on power structures within
these themes (who has the power and where should it be exercised)

Special thanks to Makenna Bachmann for helping organize the kickoff meeting
and getting the recap out quickly. She is interning with ISOC-DC and will
be helping us throughout the majority of the planning process.

All the Best,

Dustin & Melinda